Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hello, hello, hello - what have I found on this grand day?

I found I was running low on toilet tissue. I found I could make something with that dwindling roll. I noticed I could 'squeeze' my 'Charmin', just right and make a lovely heart that 'reaches out'....... Out, I went to get more tissue; came back, and had a pile of e-mails to read.
Well, 'hello', a beautiful lady wrote me a terrific e-mail. Now, I've never really promoted too many people on any of my blogs - a few, but they are rare because I'm not always so 'struck' by kindness; genius, or sincerity. Today I was very fortunate. I visited 'Justice's blog and website; found the most appropriate poem for this 'blog', and am adding the poem and link to her book. I think you'll enjoy it as much as I did, and do. Here it is:
Atmosphere for Blues

Here we are living by new rules;
Taught by a mortal who says "I rule"!
Learn us to work and serve you by means anything but smooth.
Learn us to pray to your god fervently, while you sit in your pews and snooze.
Learn us to read the words you write and mislead us with the terms you use.
Let us go and now we're free, but only good enough to shine your shoes.
Let us go and now we're free to protect and defend your rules.
Let us go and now we're free to die in battle when we were just trying to get money to attend your schools.
Taught by the fields and the streets; you lock us up 'cause we don't obey your rules.
Let us out and now we're free to be in your streets
Surrounded by stores you fill with booze.
Freedom and justice...a nice sounding phrase, but to us it's just a ruse.
Put on the stage in roles played for your pleasure like puppets only to amuse.
So, here we are living by these ill-fated rules.
Free at last! Free at last!
At least that's what we presume, but our security is shattered,
Our faces battered and again before you we stand
In another one of your court rooms.
"Away with the key-his face we don't wanna see out here on our streets"!
So, here we are and deep inside we know the truth.
We're put in a place where we're not accepted, always rejected,
And for all our services--our just compensation remains neglected.
So, here we are and this is why in low soul-full keys
We sing, hum and chant the low down dirty blues.

To order your copy of The Breadth of Love by Justice Jones, go to:

http://www.buybooksontheweb.com keyword: Breadth
Or call toll-free (877) 289-2665

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific blog. It illustrates the double-standard for so many in our culture.

I just loved that poem. I agree, it tops off your entries and fits with your great music. Nina

Muze said...

i really like your blog. thank your for stopping by mine!

lol @ toilet paper hearts.

and yes, justice is gifted with the poetry.

i'll def be back! *smiles*